2.05.2008

Crisp Autumn


So, I know its February, but... I am still playing catch up. 
Autumn is my absolute favorite season.  I was married in autumn, on one of those perfect clear crisp September days, the kind that make you never want to go inside. There was one disappointment last Autumn, however.  Nobody wanted an Autumn bouquet! All the brides I had wanted very Summery bouquets. (I don't blame them. Summer is definantly a close second for me when it comes to favorite seasons.) So, one day as I was pondering the fact that Autumn was almost gone and still no Autumn bouquet, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I had a bunch of leftover flowers from a couple weddings the weekend before, and I realized that if I combined them it would be... an Autumn bouquet! A quick trip to Maceys for some fresh Sage and dried Chili Peppers, and wala!  A beautiful bouquet.  I love the wheat, it is what really makes this a Fall bouquet.  And if you look closely enough, you might notice the bronze shimmer I sprayed on the Sage and Roses. The Waxflower is my favorite variety, the yellowish orangish pinkinsh kind.  And the Curly Willow... a lot of people are afraid to put sticks in a wedding bouquet but I LOVE it!  Its easy to make something beautiful when the flowers are already perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment